In a little more than 12 hours, I will begin my first chemo treatment. I am ready. It’s been a long time coming, and I am ready to start launching arrows! It’s weird to say I am excited for it to begin, but I really do feel like chemo is something being done FOR me and not TO me. I need it to survive this.
I am so grateful for all the amazing people in my life…I truly don’t know what people do who do not have support systems like me. I know I am lucky! Even people I don’t know are reaching out to me. It’s crazy and overwhelming, but in a good way.
1. For my caretakers (especially those who have to live with me full time and temp) as I may not always be the best patient!
2. For my doctors and nurses (see #1)
3. That the chemo WORKS in attacking my tumor and any shred of cancer anywhere else in my body
4. That the side effects are not so severe that they have to change my protocol. I want their first choice regimen. If I have to be sick in order for it to work, I can handle sick. I just want to be able to continue on everything.
5. For more research on Triple Negative breast cancer to find the cause, effective medicines and of course a cure
So tomorrow it begins. I’m not sure I will have as much enthusiasm as this girl, but I’m at least humming the tune…